Re: [LUG] Thunderbird

On Thu, 21 Oct 2021 14:57:10 +0100
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

>I have checked that .thunderbird is still present and correct. I
>certainly have not touched it since yesterday.

First thing to try is to move that profile directory out the way (a
simple rename to Mythunderbird will do), and see if the problem remains.
If it doesn't, then start copying things from the renamed directory to
the new directory a bit at a time, making sure to shut down T'bird
before a move, then restarting after the move.  When T'bird breaks
again, you'll know where the problem is.  Assuming there is a problem
with the profile, of course.

If the problem persists with a clean profile directory - I have no idea.

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"