[LUG] New Linux user in Fowey Cornwall

Hi All

I had an e-mail from a potential new Linux / Free software user in Cornwall, she hasn't started with it yet, but I did suggest starting off with LinuxMint as it seems to 'just work'. Plus for new users it is pretty easy to use, has good support (forum,irc etc) as well as a strong user base.

I just wondered if anyone in that area would be able to provide some install help please. I know the install guide is at

https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

But I don't know much about this EFI/UEFI thing. So if that needs disabling or whatever you do. I can't help with that.

Once it is installed myself and others can try and provide some support remotely.

If anyone can respond who is local to Fowey, I can put you in touch.

Thanks

Paul
--
Paul Sutton, Cert Cont Sci (Open)