Re: [LUG] New Linux user in Fowey Cornwall

On 18/10/2021 18:28, Paul Sutton via list wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I had an e-mail from a potential new Linux / Free software user in Cornwall, she
> hasn't started with it yet, but I did suggest starting off with LinuxMint as it
> seems to 'just work'.  Plus for new users it is pretty easy to use, has good
> support (forum,irc etc) as well as a strong user base.
>
> I just wondered if anyone in that area would be able to provide some install help
> please.  I know the install guide is at
>
> https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
>
> But I don't know much about this EFI/UEFI thing. So if that needs disabling or
> whatever you do. I can't help with that.
>
> Once it is installed myself and others can try and provide some support remotely.
>
> If anyone can respond who is local to Fowey, I can put you in touch.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
How far into Cornwall - we have the Plymouth LUG approaching ...

EFI should be mostly covered by the Mint installation procedure, although, getting to
boot a non-native install media could be tricky. Who's conversant with the latest
Windoze tom-foolery?!

Cheers,
veremitz/Michael.