Re: [LUG] Printers

On 17/10/2021 19:30, Mike Paddison via list wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recall that some time ago there was discussion  about printer replacement, but I
> did not take much notice at the time. However my time for printer replacement has
> come, my faithful HP Deskjet 6980 has finally expired.
>
> I believe that the consensus of opinion favoured an Epson printer.  However I am
> unable to find any emails that relate to printers in my obviously incomplete mail
> archive. If anyone can remember the recommended printer, or point me to where I
> can   find copies of the relevant documents that would really help me on a rather
> daunting printer selection exercise.
>
> Kind regards & stay safe
>
> Mike Paddison
Personally, for me, grab a HP unit on their cashback offers (don't forget to claim!).
You can get quite a bit for your proverbial buck/pound on some units .. I have an A3
colour inkjet (is there such a thing as a monochrome inkjet?) and an A4 duplex colour
laser (both have scanners with sheet-feeders, and wired networking [probably wireless
too]) and neither cost me much beyond £100...

Linux support moves pretty fast with the HPLIP system which is actively developed,
and plugs into CUPS.

Thats me 2cents,

Michael / veremitz.