Re: [LUG] Server Tower

On 12/08/2021 19:31, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi Neil

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the lack of information.

The client (me) has a desktop computer with two sata drives and I want to mount this in a rack system with a network switch and a Raspberry pi.

No warranty needed and cheap as possible.

I don't have desktop space and need to run several systems for a project I have been asked to complete. I am hoping that I can do this with a server rack.

Hi Rich,

If you have a rack, then the cheapest option is to buy a shelf for the rack and put your desktop on the shelf in the rack. Anything else is going to set you back quite a bit (£300 - £600 for a good 4U case), £3000+ for a entry level 1U server let alone 4U - 4U rack cases tend to have a large amount of drive bays (16+), which are beyond your requirements by the looks of it.

--
Giles Coochey