Re: [LUG] Debian Install pointers - it's been a while.

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 1:13 PM maceion@xxxxxxxxx <maceion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 21/07/2021 19:36, Roland Tarver via list wrote:
>     If you need Windows, then I would recommend you use an external USB hard
>     drive for the Linux installation, rather than put Linux and Windows on a
>     *single internal* drive.
>

> ok... Is this on a laptop Eion? I do move seats / rooms quite a bit on
> my laptop; so, dragging an Ext. HD about would be a bit of a pain tbh.
to Roland,
Dear sir,
20210722
Very little inconvenience to move small 1TC external USB hard disc.
Advantage if using outside your home or office.

My Windows is just a very basic Windows install with no personal data or
information on it. Just basic teaching LibreOffice.org and 4 browsers
for demonstration purposes to others.

External hard disc is always treated with care and security.
When closed down for evening External Hard Disc is moved to a locked
drawer. Thus is laptop pinched, no "/home" data pinched, either from
house or when in a teaching situation .
I will send photo to you off list.

Thank you. I can certainly see the advantages of doing this.

Second external hard disc as back up also kept elsewhere.

Good plan. Get a 3rd and a 4th and a "cloud" etc.... lolol

Cheers
Roly :-)