Re: [LUG] Further to website.

On 11/07/2021 00:54, Ron Nazarov via list wrote:
On Sat, 2021-07-10 at 22:17 +0100, Dom Rodriguez/shymega wrote:

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021, at 5:31 PM, Ron Nazarov via list wrote:
On Wed, 2021-07-07 at 17:07 +0100, Dom Rodriguez/shymega wrote:
Hey,

I have further ideas and notes on the website and general web
presence for the DCGLUG in general, and whilst we have an IRC
channel
for this (IIRC?) - is there not an email-based way to discuss?
I'm
not sure if the main ML is suitable in terms of 'noise', but I
think
having a persistent medium, where those who aren't active or have
bouncer to the IRC channel would be beneficial.
As with all channels on Libera.Chat, it is bridged to Matrix, which
would solve the bouncer issue: #dcglug-website:libera.chat
Thanks.

Kind regards,
--
Dom Rodriguez (also known as shymega)

Attachments:
* signature.asc

And if people don't want to use Matrix? I think Paul doesn't have
Matrix, I might be wrong (Paul,
please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm recalling from our previous
interactions on IRC), so that's an issue.
It's bridged, so people who don't want to use Matrix can use IRC. Paul
does now have a Matrix account because it was required for FOSDEM 2021.

--
Kind regards,
--

I have matrix, partly for the reason Eion stated. I am mostly on IRC because, I am also on other channels from time to time.

I am also on irc due to being involved with Debian which uses oftc network, and have friends on other servers / networks. It is just easier for me to have one client, which is acting as a single portal.

Paul

Paul Sutton, Cert Cont Sci (Open)
https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/
Pronoun : him/his/he

21st Debian Conference August 22 to August 29, 2021.
DebCamp from August 15 to August 21, 2021

https://debconf21.debconf.org/