Re: [LUG] Only two weeks to stop your medical records being available

On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 09:28:47AM +0100, Le Loft wrote:

> As I understand it (which is not at all), the opt-out only applies to
> subsequent data being harvested: everything that is already a part of
> your medical record is excluded from the opt-out:

> I'm not sure that there is much advantage to the opt-out: it seems that
> telling your GP everything is like enabling scripts and cookies in your
> browser.  Don't do it if you can get away with it, and only do it if you
> must.
>
> I think that opting-out is a false sense of security.  Do we even have
> any confidence that our 'Do Not Track' requests will be respected?
>
> As ever, it's down to being diligent and trying to minimise risk, not
> eliminate it.

1.      Not telling your doctor enough information to help you seems
        counter-productive. YMMV. I am not a doctor so I do not know what
        is or is not necessary information.

2.      Opt-Out 1 now *_seems_* to be postponed to September

3.      My (limited) understanding is that if you do not sign out for
        Opt-Out 1 by June 23 (September ??) then all historical GP information  is
        transferred to NHS and all future GP information will continue to
        be transferred until Opt Out 1 is completed.

4.      You need to sign up to OptOut2 to prevent the NHS sharing
        information with third parties.

So if paranoid then sign up for both. If the powers that be can
explain the benefits to sharing data then happy to relook at it.

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately