Re: [LUG] Application List

On Tuesday, 25 May 2021 08:33:01 BST Rich Brown wrote:
> Hi Tom
>
> Thanks for that. It has helped a lot and given me this message:
>
> An error has occured:
> W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured
> multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:5 and /etc/apt/sources.list:52
..
> W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured
> multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:10 and /etc/apt/sources.list:53
..
> W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured
> multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:43 and /etc/apt/sources.list:54
..

> When I look at my sources list in settings these don't seem to be
> listed. Can I clean them out somehow please?

I'd just backup the file "cp /etc/apt/sources.list ~/sources.list.20210525

 Graphically "sudo" your favourite text editor and edit the file /etc/apt/
sources.list

Clear that the lines 5,10,43 are duplicated at 52,53,54.

This may not be the cause of the original problem, but if you've messed up the
sources of packages, then there is no accounting for the interactions that
could happen. Why I run Debian, and take most of it from stable, with nice
simple configuration.

 Simon