Re: [LUG] Profiles

On Fri, 14 May 2021 12:58:01 +0100
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(putting it back on the list)

Hello Neil,

>Thanks. I will look into that. I was surprised, because it has always
>worked in the past. Now I must do some more research into this, Sigh.

It depends on at least a couple  things;  The two OSes starting UID at
the same number (usually 500 or 1000), and you entering the users in the
same order on each machine.

And probably a few other things I've forgotten.

Of course, there are certainly other factors that might come into play
if the above proves to be a red herring - i.e. the UIDs of the copied
over profiles match the UID of the user on the new machine.

--
 Regards  _
Did you do it for fame, did you do it in a fit?