[LUG] Profiles

Recently I had problems with my old laptop. In the end I decided to start again, so I have downloaded and installed the latest version of MX Linux.

No problem with the install, and it runs fine. But normally, when I do all this, I always copy over the relevant profiles (.config, .mozilla etc). This has always worked in the past. (I have a brand new laptop also, and I did exactly that, which worked just fine.)

But for some reason on this old laptop the profiles are ignored. I can run the programs, Thunderbird, Firefox etc, but they are in the bog standard default mode. For example, in Firefox my bookmarks are missing. Thunderbird asks me to set up my emails.

Any suggestions please?

Neil