Re: [LUG] New Laptop Web Cam

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021, Brad Rogers wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 19:25:31 +0100
Eion MacDonald <maceion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Eion,

Ah. I was warned to use a bit of folded paper for privacy, but then the

It is possible to buy little stick on lens covers (with a sliding cover)
to place over the camera lens.  When required for use, one just slides
the little cover to one side.  When finished, slide it back again.  ebay
have sellers knocking them out for a couple of quid.  Far nicer than a
bit of paper and piece of sticky tape.  Or if you have access to a 3d
printer, I'm sure there are loads of designs available.  All you need
then is some double sided tape.

Just be aware that some of these will stop your laptop cover from closing fully and that may impede any auto suspend/hibernate functions - and/or you end up with some shattered plastic of the slidey cover thing at best or a cracked screen bezel at worst, so check the depth you have before spending those pennies...

If black tape is good enough for the director of the FBI then it's OK for me.

Gordon