Re: [LUG] New Laptop Web Cam

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 19:25:31 +0100
Eion MacDonald <maceion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Eion,

> Ah. I was warned to use a bit of folded paper for privacy, but then the

It is possible to buy little stick on lens covers (with a sliding cover)
to place over the camera lens.  When required for use, one just slides
the little cover to one side.  When finished, slide it back again.  ebay
have sellers knocking them out for a couple of quid.  Far nicer than a
bit of paper and piece of sticky tape.  Or if you have access to a 3d
printer, I'm sure there are loads of designs available.  All you need
then is some double sided tape.

IMO, those lens covers are almost certainly still useful, because I'll
bet the built in 'disable camera' switch is easily by-passed in software.
Let's face it, google, amazon, twitter, faceache and goodness only knows
who else, wants your data.  And they want it *bad*.

--
 Regards  _
Who's a sucker now?