Re: [LUG] Mounting a dvd player

Hi All

I'll start again because I don't think I explained enough!

I have an internal dvd that I am using via an external lead which carries both the power and data cables. This device won't even open when I press open. I therefore used a safety clip to open it but that wouldn't work. when I type lsusb I get this listing for it: Bus 001 Device 002: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter

I then bought an external dvd which connects via usb 3 which didn't even power on. I tested the ports and they are fine. Is it better if I open the computer box and pull out the cables from inside and use it connected directly to the motherboard please?

Thanks

Rich