Re: [LUG] Disk Wiping

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 15:44:41 +0000
comrade meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd keep them as backups for a while to be honest -

Thanks everyone for their advice. I seem to remember scrapping an old
Win Xp box for someone and wiping the HDD - it took forever. Can't
remember what I used. I'll use Dban this time.

I have two desktop machines each with an external backup HDD 1Tb disk
and only back-up /home and mail, so I shall keep a couple of removed 1TB
disks for spares and merely format them. The rest will be wiped and
given away.

> These are your first SSDs aren't they?

Yes, my "jaunt to the Bahamas" fund has been severely depleted ;)

If it all works well I may try replacing the HDD in my Win10 laptop.
However, ....

Thanks again,

David