Re: [LUG] Continual network problems on Fedora 31

Dear Eion,

> This  (BT Home Hub 3 router/switch, )is a 'slightly' old BT Router.
> Are you still getting BT updates to router?

The router hasn't even been changed from its default settings! We have
another router (received when we switched to TalkTalk, but never used)
which is a few years more recent. I'm inclined to think that the router
isn't the problem, though, as this is the only computer which has had
the problem.

> On my BT Hub 6, there is severe interaction when using some specific
> software with more than 2 ethernet connections to same software /site.
> Specifically Zoom free edition. With machines 2 m apart.  When one
> machine (Windows only, not mine) but I use for tutoring a group is on
> ethernet and other (Linux) is on WiFi (about 2 metre apart) there is
> no problem. Or other way about, one machine Linux on ethernet, Windows
> on WiFi there is no problem.
>
> There is no problem with any other different machines, 2 m apart when
> using openSUSE Linux on ethernet or on WiFi.

It is has certainly occurred to me that using Windows and Linux machines
on the same network isn't the perfect networking setup! That said, we
don't use any of the more sophisticated features on this network; it's
simply a gateway to the internet for the most part, with occasional
traffic within the LAN for Teeworlds. No network printers or shared
filesystems, for instance.

Best wishes,

Sebastian

--