Re: [LUG] Summer Placements 2021 - Civil Service Jobs - GOV.UK

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 at 21:19, Paul Sutton via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I saw this on LinkedIn, so am sharing here in case anyone may be, or may
know of anyone, who would be interested.
Summer Placements 2021
Met Office

An interesting opportunity for someone looking to get some experience.

I know a couple of people there and I understand it's a good working environment, and if you're genuinely interested in how technology works, as well as, y'know, weather stuff - someone could do a lot worse.

If anyone's pondering why Paul posted this to a linux group - I can add that they use Linux extensively and own the fastest computer in Devon (a Cray XC40), so it certainly qualifies. They have an even faster computer being set up for 2022 as well. (More info)