Re: [LUG] A pretend rant

On 29/12/2020 13:04, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 12:34:38 +0000
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

I wonder sometimes at the programs which are automatically included
from the first installation. Still it is easy to sort out,

I wonder whether certain distros aim themselves at the recently
ex-Windows user.  That is, the ones that expect to see "everything
including the kitchen sink" right from the off.  It's been decades since
I used a Windows machine outside of work and recall seeing all sorts of
useless (to me) cruft installed.

Windows isn't so much an OS, more a fully (over?) laden distro.

Never thought of that. Just never think about Windows at all, so I forget that others might be considering it. Eg ....

I have used Linux Lite in the past and there is now a new version, 5.2. I notice that most reviews go on and on about how good this one is for people who are moving over from Windows. Well, yes, but it is also a very good light distro for people who are already Linux users, but that never gets mentioned.

Neil