Re: [LUG] A pretend rant

On 29/12/2020 10:52, Pentiddy wrote:
Hello,

For the hell of it I actually installed and use Conky.
I have information called from API's so at  the moment moon phase (shown graphically and in words), moonrise/set, sunrise/set, Battery information and if present weather warnings. I also have calcurse with daily information which is displayed...
I find it quite fun to tweak it and it helps me remember birthdays etc...
Its superfluous really but I like the distraction!
I always have two panels one top and one bottom. They both auto-hide.

Regards,

Anthony

Different. I would be more likely to use conky if I could have it shown on just one of my four desktops, say the fourth one which does not get used very much. I expect there is some way of doing that, but I just can't be bothered.

You say you had to install conky. With my distro, MX Linux, it came installed by default. I had to turn it off. That is one of my (pretend) rants, that I find some of the programs that are installed by default very odd. With a new install I find that I have to remove some programs, and add others as a first activity.

I wonder sometimes at the programs which are automatically included from the first installation. Still it is easy to sort out,

Neil