Re: [LUG] A pretend rant

On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 12:24:23 +0000
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

>Interesting. My first ever distro when I started with Linux was
>Mandrake. But I don't remember paying for it.

There was a free version, yes.  'Paid for' got you a set of disks,
documentation (dead tree) and most importantly (for me at that time)
tech support.

>became Mandriva, and I moved on.

I switched a while before the change.  I'd heard mutterings, but not
being able to get the latest version to run on my hardware, I'd already
decided to move, anyway.

--
 Regards  _
I don't care about anyone else I just care about me