Re: [LUG] A pretend rant

On 28/12/2020 09:16, Neil wrote:
> Well I first got involved with computers (an IBM mainframe) in May 1962.

I was 'slave labour' (Students as learning experience - now I think
called 'interns) to development of Basil de Ferranti's mainframe in 1957
(Machine now in Manchester Museum of Science and Technology).
Only time I ever did machine coding. On punched tape. (Telex style).
With no room for remarks, so editing, understanding was a pain.
 I do not envy the 'old ways or days'.
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald