Re: [LUG] It's CentOS, Jim, but not as we know it...

On 09/12/2020 15:39, Sebastian wrote:

I don't know where this leaves any of us here that require a stable,
free OS

Dude, you've never been more spoilt for choice. It's 2020, there are hundreds of them. Chuck a dart at distrowatch, that'll probably do.

The tool itself isn't really as important as how you hold it anyway. The most stable and free OS of them all is probably FreeBSD but a Linux refugee on unfamiliar territory is still going to accidentally break it a few times while catching up.

Gordon Henderson has found this link to a site that seems... er,
critical of Red Hat's announcement:

https://centos.rip/

I was gonna roll my eyes at that site but then I read:

"For existing CentOS users: there is no need to worry about your installed systems as they will continue to receive updates directly from Arch"

Alright, that is damn funny. Savage!