Re: [LUG] New Printer part three

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 at 15:32, Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26/10/2020 13:44, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
> >
> > According to HP's specs sheet for the Envy 6032 is does have USB but it
> > makes no mention of a USB cable on the "what's in the box" section.
> >
> > Find the USB port and there shouldn't be any need to mess around with
> > the Android app.
> >
> > Grant. :)
>
> Too late now. I have set it up using a smart phone.
>
> That port at the back of the printer is not like any I have seen before.
> And there is no cable included in the box.
>
> Well yes, there is a second cable included, but not USB. I have not
> worked out what it is for. One end is like the end that is plugged into
> the power port at the back of the printer. The other end is a two pin
> plug. No  idea.
>
> At least, when I checked on my laptop the printer was already there and
> waiting in the print setting folder.
>
> Neil

Hi Neil,

Can you confirm that the back of your printer looks like this:
https://admin.digitaloutlet.co.uk/media/catalog/product/t/e/test-m675_05.jpg

If so, then that USB port (about 1 inch to the right of the power
button) is a bog-standard USB-B that has been used for printers for
many, many years now.

Grant. :)