Re: [LUG] A new printer, Part two

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, Neil wrote:

On 21/10/2020 16:31, Gordon Henderson wrote:

It's a cost thing. It's cheaper for them to employ a low-paid worker to write an 'app' for a phone than the put buttons and a display on the printer.

They also get their app on your phone so they can steal all your contacts, photos, (you want to print photos from your phone, right?) and location information and then sell on to the information aggregators.

You want a cheap printer? This is the route to go.

Or pay a bit more for one with a display, buttons and an Ethernet (or USB) socket.

I suppose once you have wifi working you can delete the app. Or won't that work any more then?

I'ev no idea. I choose to spend a little more and don't buy those sort of printers.

Gordon