Re: [LUG] Chromebooks

On Mon, 28 Sep 2020 19:55:43 +0100
comrade meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 28/09/2020 13:12, David Bell wrote:
>
> Haha, nice try nerd!

A little too free with the term nerd. As I said I am a home user. I
do not eat, live and sleep Linux, never have, nor am I an evangelist.
Does using MS Windows in a like manner make one nerd?

> For a start you're on a Linux mailing list discussing the relative
> merits of Chromebooks.

Relative to what - MS windows or Linux?

> And this:
>
> > I am not a Linux nerd
>
> Is directly contradicted by this:
>
> > merely a long standing home user. My home
> > built PCs (plus the odd laptop now and again) are loaded with
> > Debian, using a net-install plus "non-free" drivers version which
> > gives me a hassle free choice in how and what I download. Result -
> > a happy bunny over many years.

Substitute Windows for Debian, and am I still a nerd in your eyes, like
hundreds of thousands of others who build their own PCs.

> You're probably rearranging your collection of vintage Linux manuals
> and discussing the relative merits of Reverse Polish notation via IRC
> as we speak :]

I have only two Linux manuals, recently bought in order to understand
CL. Never used IRC - probably can't type fast enough anyway!

David