Re: [LUG] Chromebooks

On Sun, 27 Sep 2020 21:03:35 +0100
comrade meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ah, I see you all don't really get Chromebooks... Allow me!

I do. The OS is neither open source nor "free" and is wrapped in
expensive containers. End of story for me!

I am not a Linux nerd, merely a long standing home user. My home
built PCs (plus the odd laptop now and again) are loaded with Debian,
using a net-install plus "non-free" drivers version which gives me a
hassle free choice in how and what I download. Result - a happy bunny
over many years.

David