Re: [LUG] Dog Cams

On Thursday, 27 August 2020 11:38:46 BST Sebastian wrote:

> Quite right! I find it most strange that some people are happy to send
> live streams of their private property to a remote server they don't
> own, maybe even in a foreign country... I'm not sure these could count
> as 'security' cameras!

In contrast I have also seen people streaming a lot of "security" cameras back
to a PC in an unlocked room, on an unsecured shelf, in a building which is
only generally occupied 9 to 5, Monday to Friday.

For most businesses, camera footage is one of those areas where outsourcing
works well, although perhaps not for dogs, but choose that provider carefully.

My experience of commodity providers like TP-Link is even I can hack the
firmware, but I suspect pragmatically for the threats most organisations face,
that is a sufficient hurdle (maybe not banks), but they might not want any
interface to be exposed to the Internet to become part of a botnet or similar.