Re: [LUG] An ethical phone?

Dear John,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation and the forum link.
It's something I shall definitely consider - slowly but surely things
have started breaking... One of the advantages of a newer version of
Android would be the option to install apps on the SD card, which
version 4.4 didn't support. Currently it prevents me from installing any
apps because of 'lack of storage space' - it ignores the 10GB free on
the card.

> You'd need to be prepared to scrap the phone and shift your SIM to
> another handset if the process doesn't work. Were it me I'd only set
> out to do this for bragging rights, if the upgrade actually succeeds..

With the impressive work on 'Phosh' and 'Libhandy' as discussed on a
recent video meeting, perhaps my next phone will run GNU/Linux... :)

Best wishes, Sebastian
Freenode: 'seabass'