Re: [LUG] KDE Plasma

On 26/08/20 11:45, Neil wrote:
> On 26/08/2020 10:16, Eion MacDonald wrote:
>>
>> That is correct. Use XFCE is you like it.
>>
>> I only used XFCE for many years until late last year, but with some KDE
>> additions (a couple of programs I use heavily), had print problems in XFCE.
>> Late last year XFCE updated the 'print dialog' and it was impossible to
>> get the print screen dialog to work on these application in XFCE.
>> Viewable on my screens  the bottom command line with commands  to print
>> or cancel were out of range. Workable by  moving total dialog, but then
>> dialog cannot be cancelled. After reporting bug to XFCE they eventually
>> changed and it is now workable.
>> However in meantime I changed to KDE as print dialog worked, so I use
>> both now. Changing as I need.
>> (When in heavy use of KDE application, I log on to KDE, otherwise I use
>> XFCE as basic system. Much better on older laptops.)
>>
> I like Xfce. It does not get in the way. It has lots of tweaks, so it is
> easy to set it up the way I like it. It is light so, as you say, it will
> run well on older machines. Two of my machines are old, two are very new,
> and they all work well.
>
> MX also has some other choices of DE. Budgie, LXDE and Maté. I have
> ignored those too.
>
> Neil

Best rule of thumb .. if it ain't broke .. don't 'fix' it ...

Not that I blame you for asking the question and being open to suggestions
ideas...

Any thoughts, tangentially, on resuming the Holsworthy LUG meets yet? Have
you had any contact with Tom recently?
I guess the DoJo is off for the foreseeable too ..

Best regards,
Michael / veremitz.