Re: [LUG] KDE Plasma

On 26/08/2020 10:16, Eion MacDonald wrote:

That is correct. Use XFCE is you like it.

I only used XFCE for many years until late last year, but with some KDE
additions (a couple of programs I use heavily), had print problems in XFCE.
Late last year XFCE updated the 'print dialog' and it was impossible to
get the print screen dialog to work on these application in XFCE.
Viewable on my screens  the bottom command line with commands  to print
or cancel were out of range. Workable by  moving total dialog, but then
dialog cannot be cancelled. After reporting bug to XFCE they eventually
changed and it is now workable.
However in meantime I changed to KDE as print dialog worked, so I use
both now. Changing as I need.
(When in heavy use of KDE application, I log on to KDE, otherwise I use
XFCE as basic system. Much better on older laptops.)

I like Xfce. It does not get in the way. It has lots of tweaks, so it is easy to set it up the way I like it. It is light so, as you say, it will run well on older machines. Two of my machines are old, two are very new, and they all work well.

MX also has some other choices of DE. Budgie, LXDE and Maté. I have ignored those too.

Neil