Re: [LUG] Grub Problem

On 15/08/2020 11:09, Mark Andrew Smith via list wrote:

Anyway, it  may not be so simple. The method suggested is via using a
USB stick with the MX Linux iso on it. I did try that, but the  laptop
will not boot from the stick. I finish up with the same error message.
If it worked I would have tried the boot fix file in MX Tools.

Neil

Are the Desktop and Laptop both UEFI?
You aren't comparing apples to apples -  Even if the software is up to
date, their configurations will be different depending on the hardware
and ROM used.

Ah, caught me out. The laptop is legacy mode while the desktop is full UEFI. Should have thought of that. Meanwhile my wife's laptop is also legacy, but she has not yet run the updates, so I have told her to wait until this is sorted.

Neil