Re: [LUG] Electric car charger setup requires network connection - advice sought

On Friday, 24 July 2020 17:42:45 BST Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 14:59:23 +0100
> Tom via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > or if its just so you can see how charged the car is
>
> More to it than that;  All the control of car charger and immersion
> heater controller can be achieved via an app.  Enables easy setting of
> various charging modes (see immediately below this paragraph).

Nissan just culled a load of that stuff from their app, it was all rather
shoddily done in the first place.

I can see us mastering the scheduled defrost at 07:30am Monday to Friday on
the in car controls should schools ever reopen.

But does raise that ugly question of post sales support and integration of
this kind of stuff.

I've also switched ISP and not bothered telling the car's charging station
about the new WiFi yet (I mean I know exactly how to, and I can't be bothered
because it will only leak privacy for no benefit to myself except possibly the
odd firmware update for a car charger, how many people are going to be
completely bewildered?).⎄