[LUG] Electric car charger setup requires network connection - advice sought

Hello,

I'm in the process of having an electric car charger installation fitted.
So far, quotes are coming in.  Given my choice of charger, a network
connection is required. Suppliers expect to be able to connect to my
router (too far away, through several walls, and god knows what).

I have a wifi extender well within range of the area that the control
gear for where the charger is going (in fact, solar panel controls use it
already).  What I don't have in the area is an ethernet port to plug the
new equipment into.  I'm hoping to avoid some tricky cable running (I
can do it, but it'll be a PITA), so am looking for something that will
allow me to connect it to the equipment hub, rather than a router or
switch.  I don't wish to buy (for example) something like
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08C9WDQ2J?pf_rd_r=JMXRV9SQK60WCB6EFWB7&pf_rd_p=e632fea2-678f-4848-9a97-bcecda59cb4e
if it's not suitable for my needs.

What I'm looking to do is this;

|-this part already exists-|    |---this is the new part--|
Router-netcable-wifiadapter --- wifiadapter-netcable-equipt

Will the above type of adapter suffice, or do I need to look for
something else?

There are power sockets easily accessible where the new control gear is
to be located, so that's not an issue.

Alternatively, could I use 'ethernet over mains' gear?  Even if the
router and new equipment are on different ring circuits?

As the subject says, advice is sought.  All help greatly appreciated.

--
 Regards  _
What do you call that noise, that you put on?