Re: [LUG] Electric car charger setup requires network connection - advice sought

On 23/07/2020 19:42, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 19:11:02 +0100
comrade meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello comrade,

Do you know yet whether the new charger will connect to wifi or will it
only have wired ethernet capability? That's the most important piece of
the puzzle.

Indications are that for the device[1] a wired connection is required,
but I have asked for confirmation.  I know the Hub is not a charger[2],
but to qualify for the OLEV grant, the Hub is also required.  It also
means everything is a good deal easier to manage.

{trying hard not to sound petulant}
In any event, if I thought that wireless connectivity was available
(details are appallingly lacking in that regard), I wouldn't be asking
the questions.  Yeah, I should have specified in my initial post,
obviously.  I know - wise after the event. :-)

[1] https://myenergi.com/product/hub/
[2] https://myenergi.com/product/zappi/

Don't know if you've found it already or not but the user forum is a much better source of information. This seems pretty unequivocal though:

https://myenergi.info/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1997&p=17784&hilit=wifi#p17784

https://myenergi.info/hub-f7/

So you're going to need to supply it with a RJ-45 one way or the other. I'm not sure I'd buy the specific unit you linked to originally but yes, basically you can choose from one of the countless wifi extender options and use it as ethernet bridge. TP-Links are a solid bet for cheap+reliable.