[LUG] Ubuntu 20.04 lost network

I have lost my network connections (Ethernet, WiFi and Bluetooth) on Ubuntu 20.04. I don't know what I did to lose them, but after a reboot, they had gone. There is no network icon in the system tray and in settings, there is no setting for WiFi and no connections in the network submenu.

I can boot from a Live USB image and everything works well.

So, from another answer I found, I backed up, then copied the netplanner, and NetworkManager files and directories from the Live USB to my computer. Rebooted into the "normal" Ubuntu environment and still nothing.

I ran sudo lshw -C network and the output is:

*-network UNCLAIMED
       product: AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter
       vendor: Qualcomm Atheros
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
       version: 01
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress cap_list
       configuration: latency=0
       resources: memory:f7100000-f717ffff memory:f7180000-f718ffff
  *-network UNCLAIMED
       product: RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
       vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
       version: 07
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix vpd bus_master cap_list
       configuration: latency=0
       resources: ioport:d000(size=256) memory:f2104000-f2104fff memory:f2100000-f2103fff
My NetworkManager.conf file is:

[main]
plugins=ifupdown,keyfile

[ifupdown]
managed=false

[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no
and my 01-network-manager-all.yamlfile is:

# Let NetworkManager manage all devices on this system
network:
  version: 2
  renderer: NetworkManager
Using sudo nmcli gives:

lo: unmanaged
        "lo"
        loopback (unknown), 00:00:00:00:00:00, sw, mtu 65536

Use "nmcli device show" to get complete information about known devices and
"nmcli connection show" to get an overview on active connection profiles.

Consult nmcli(1) and nmcli-examples(7) manual pages for complete usage details.
I don't have ifconfig (net-tools) installed.

Running nm-applet brings up a greyed out system tray icon, but when I click that, the window that opens (showing the connections) is empty.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark