Re: [LUG] Linux Mint 20 and autofs [trying to mount NFS shares on NAS]

On 17/07/2020 17:55, Michael Everitt wrote:
agrep?!*googles*  ... I hate cascading greps ...

grep -E (or egrep) with | (pipe) for an OR expression is good .. but AND I
haven't figured yet ...

Lol tell me about it - I literally installed it 3 minutes ago for the first time just because I hate cascading greps too even though I use them literally all day every day... I can't tell you how many times I type:

history | grep something | grep someotherthing | grep -v notthisthing

I felt so bad typing out advice for anyone else to start doing the same thing that I googled for a proper grep AND there and then, and agrep was what came up. So now I have egrep, fgrep, agrep, grep...

Not even sure I like the syntax particularly for agrep. Bet you anything that within the day I'm back to typing clumsy cascading greps again!