Re: [LUG] Mailing List Archive - Needed?

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 13:50:13 +0100 (BST)
Alex Charrett <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Alex,

>In the world where people can request to be forgotten under GDPR this

Yet another example of where the law is an ass;

Realistically, the LUG archive isn't the problem.  Deleting details there
is the equivalent of shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted,
since fb, google, twitter and god knows who else already have the
details in any case

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean the LUG can simply ignore GDPR
requests.  More's the pity.

However, in answer to your real question;  I don't use the archive much,
but I do find it useful when I do look through it.

--
 Regards  _
You're all invited to a party, you don't even have to come