Re: [LUG] Mailing List Archive - Needed?

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020, Alex Charrett wrote:

If not it may make sense to stop publishing mails and to remove the archive entirley.

I think that keeping the list going would be a good thing, but I do not care for the archives.

Mostly because I keep my own archive of the list, so currently I have 39,380 emails in the dcglug folder taking up 209MB of disk space, dating back to the day I joined and that's where they will stay.

Doesn't everyone do this anyway?

I may have missed a few but it's probably of no consequence. I can search them in an instant if needed without the hassle of any rubbishy webby searchy gizmo so I won't miss them if they go.

Gordon