Re: [LUG] Lost setup

On 21/06/2020 20:01, Eion MacDonald wrote:
On 21/06/2020 17:41, comrade meowski wrote:
any system built in the last 10 years or so defaults to it for a reason
as well.
No such system in our house, youngest is about 2006.
Maybe I need to save up for a  new machine, [shock to my Scot system to
spend!]
However I still maintain U3A machines from 2002 to 2008, these having
been donated to U3A.  AH! one U3A is a 2014 machine but it is strictly
on MS Windows for tuition purposes , so never sees a Linux OS.

My desktop PC was a treat to myself for passing my first degree in 2009, and I'm not sure of the age of my laptop as it was second-hand from Ebay. However it is a Lenovo x201 which I found a review of online from February 2010 so it's probably /slightly/ younger.

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley