[LUG] android app creator- Android Studio

I wondered if anyone knows much about creating simple Android apps?
I have a spreadsheet which generates a set of lengths from set points on our burial site to a particular plot. It is {fairly} simple Pythagorean calcs, but it would be great to have it available on my smartphone.
Have had a look at Android Studio (https://developer.android.com/studio)
Has anyone any experience with this software or can suggest something different/better?
...or should I (gulp) just PAY someone to build an app for me?
Thanks

Anthony