Re: [LUG] Snaps

On 03/06/2020 13:41, Henry Bremridge wrote:
On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 01:03:23PM +0100, Martin Gautier wrote:
Some people like them. Good for them.
I have used snaps on my debian testing for Microsoft Teams. I am not sure
to whom I should issue a bug report, debian or snaps.

-   When I have teams running, then in firefox I cannot access the
     www.gov.uk website
-   When I close it down, I can.

Needless to say I only run it when I have to and after seeing Martin's
email, I will think about having it on my PC

So I think of why Ubuntu went with snaps... the issue with OSS software has been that one piece of software depended on one license, which used libraries from a separate license. Then subsequently, a dependency moved to a different license. and blah blah... snap became the only way to run software under a definite legal basis without recourse.

Seems a clear message to OSS community to sort out their varied and somewhat eccentric licensing.

--
Giles Coochey