Re: [LUG] 2FA

On Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 01:26:14PM +0100, RODRIGUEZ, Dom (Dev) via list wrote:
> I would recommend reading into 2FA in depth.
>
> What sort of things are you looking to protect with 2FA? AD?
>
> I have a SoloKey (U2F/FIDO2), which uses the same processes as a
> Yubikey, but its open source. I also have a Yubikey.
>
> The other type of 2FA is a one-time code - TOTP.
>
> Although really I'm not sure what to advise without knowing more about
> your requirements.

One of the main online client databases
(https://www.intelligent-office.net/nio/authentication/login) has said

1.  Using just a smime key is not safe enough because it can be copied
2.  So they want everyone to use username and password with a 2FA key

I need a device that I can use on multiple devices (debian, windows,
Android)

-   Yubikey appears more secure but I am stuffed if the damn thing is lost
-   Authy has cloud back up

And once I start using 2FA then I will want to use it for all, if I can.

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately