Re: [LUG] OT: *#@**#@ Kindle

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020, at 4:56 PM, George Parker wrote:
>. ...

There are loads of apps to let you read ebooks on tablets but it is the
e-ink readers that are king in my opinion. With the new kindles it
doesn't matter what the light level is, they can be read comfortably.
And by using Calibre anything can be converted to kindle format.

I've used a kindle with calibre in the past and decided the best approach was never to connect the kindle to WiFi. In the rare cases I bought an eBook from Amazon I extracted it from the kindle phone app and removed the DRM before putting it on the kindle. This was a few years ago so may not work now. That was using a PC app but I don't remember the name.

I recently bought a new ereader and decided to go with a kobo because of all the Amazon bs and it also has more supported formats. I now have a large calibre library so don't have much need for the Amazon store anymore.

Kevin