Re: [LUG] Getting a USB AC68 dongle to work in Mint 19.3

On 09/04/2020 21:48, Michael Everitt wrote:
meowski - you really should be able to go from the Product and vendor ID 's above .. they're -usually- unique .. (or certainly /should/ be...)

This got junked* by gmail again so I missed it temporarily...

Yeah, obviously I know about those strings! However I specifically wanted the product name because experience tells me it's more valuable when googling - the product name will furnish more useful hits than just the ID strings.

* for some reason since the DCGLUG mailer rejigging Google insists on junking most of the list emails even though I've told it not to. I've got a message filter rule in Thunderbird to reclassify DCGLUG mailing list stuff and move it to the correct folder _and_ it's set to run _before_ junk mail classification _and_ run periodically. Yet I still have to routinely go into Junk and run the filter manually to get half of the DCGLUG emails turn up in the correct location. So annoying. Am I the only one?

#annoyingcraptofix entry 1020347835, so not exactly high on my priority list right now.