Re: [LUG] Control Systems

On 07/04/2020 15:33, Simon Avery wrote:
On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 at 23:06, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ever since Mint adopted systemd I've had grief mounting NFS shares at boot. It works /now/ but it was unnecessary hassle.

Ah, I'm guessing it interpreted /etc/fstab and tried to mount the NFS shares before the local filesystem was ready.

It's a nice trick that, but not exactly endearing

No, it ignored fstab completely as far as I know. Of course you may be right, how would I fix that? Everything that worked perfectly well before systemd shut up shop. In the end I had to write a .mount file for every NFS share, then .automount files for each of them, and then put shortcuts to the shares on the desktop. Then after all that rigmarole I had the functionality back that I had before systemd arrived.

Kind regards,

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley