Re: [LUG] Control Systems

On 05/04/2020 17:40, Simon Avery wrote:

For me, as long as it works, I don't really care.

Then use what your distro uses by default. It's probably systemd.

Choice is fine, but this is a war that was fought bitterly several years ago and systemd won. There's little to be gained other than perceived moral victories by fighting against such things.

I use it for a couple of hundred machines that I tend, and it's fine. Better in many ways.

Ever since Mint adopted systemd I've had grief mounting NFS shares at boot. It works /now/ but it was unnecessary hassle.

Julian