Re: [LUG] Teaching Linux

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 at 13:36, Brad Rogers
<brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 13:21:42 +0000
Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Paul,

>if they want Spotify or other services, photo editing then the tools

As it happens, Spotify do have Linux client.  Not installable via any
distro repos I'm aware of.  They run their own (at least, for Debian)
repos.  They offer no official support, but help can be gained via their
own forums.  Not that I've ever had issues.  How the Linux client
compares with the Windows/Mac client I have no idea, having never used
either.

Sadly, it's often a similar story for those companies that offer a Linux
alternative:  We offer a Linux version, but make no promises and, if it
breaks, you're on your own.  Hardly a great way to win supporters, is it?

--
Regards  _
        / )          "The blindingly obvious is

Spotify is in the Ubuntu repo or at least in Synaptic on Mint and the software centre. The problem I had was that after installing, every time I had updates it would throw up an error relating to that package, so now I rely on the web client which does everything the Linux client does. The only thing it couldn't compared to the windows one  was cast to streaming devices like Chromecast etc. but the phone clients take care of that