[LUG] Teaching Linux

When someone learns that I use Linux instead of Windows or Mac, I am often asked why, so far, only a small percentage of people are actively using it if, as claimed, it is a superior OS.

Also, sometimes I am asked if I would be willing to teach someone how to use it. So far I have found an excuse not to.

I believe that some of the list members do in fact give Linux training. If so I would be interested to hear their thoughts on it. To my mind there is a lot involved and I would want to do a 'proper job'.

Is this lack of training facilities one thing holding back the uptake of Linux?

Neil