Re: [LUG] Reuse of the Exwick Internet cafe furniture etc

On 18/09/2019 23:39, Trevorexwick.com wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> A good number of years ago we put together a Linux Terminal setup at the Exwick
> Community centre in Exeter. This was based on a Dell poweredge server, a firewall
> machine and 6 terminals in some special furniture. The screens were mounted on
> TopTec height adjustable security stands.
>
> The stuff is all still in good condition, but the centre want to remove the
> cabinets as the lease is being passed on to a new group.
>
> I have been asked if we want to reuse any of it so I thought I would ask.
> I would think the cabinets screens and stands are still great if you have a centre
> that wants to have such a facility. Maybe run as a new LTS and a new generation of
> old desktops as terminal or or even maybe a series of stand alone Raspberry Pi and
> electronics setups.
>
> If you are interested I can give you more info.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Trevor

I will ask on the Torbay children and young people partnership list as
there are a few groups who have computers for the use by the people and
or young people they work with.

Would the LUG be able / willing to help set up a new set up ?  A lot of
these groups may not have the expertise.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton
http://www.zleap.net