Re: [LUG] OT: Email and SMS Notification

Hi,

On this date - Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 07:54:53PM +0000, Rich wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Hopefully someone can help. I am trying to set up an easier to manage
> communication tool for our youth group. We currently use a mixture of email, sms
> and phone calls. I have a WordPress site and have installed BuddyPress. We will be
> posting news, events and consent forms etc for the young people and parents.
> Setting up email alerts is easy, however, there are many different sms providers
> and I am hoping that someone has had experience with them. Has anybody got any
> advice please?
>
> Huge thanks.
> ---
> See you
> Rich
> 07546 804439
> https://gucu.org.uk/

> --

I use Twilio for my home automation projects. Dead easy to use their
API, I use the Python SDK, but IIRC, there are others, too. I've not
had issues with it so far. Haven't really tried other SMS services,
though...

Oh, Twilio also supports phone calls... if that's your thing. I also use that.

--
Sincerely,
Dom Rodriguez (shymega/dzr).